It’s been mighty quiet here on Notice the Dirt the past few weeks. The combination of holiday chaos, my temporary client, and a fresh new exciting injury, I’ve been unable to pull it together for some regular posting. I do have a few things to share, however, so here’s the mish-mash:
- It’s officially winter here in Hawaii. I mentioned this weather in my post about Kauai: lots of rain, battering wind and put-on-a-jacket temperatures. And, I really dig it. Looks like I’m a perennial winter gal.
- I referenced a temporary client up there. I’ve been doing some marketing work for the production company that brought Wicked to Honolulu. The run ends on 12/12 wrapping up a month and half of listening to the same songs day after day. It’s a great show, though I don’t recommend seeing it 19 times in a row.
- I’m 99% sure I’ve got a herniated disk in my neck. Awaiting an MRI, but in the meantime I’ve got radiating nerve pain across my upper left back and taking deep breaths is extremely painful. Sweet.
- It took a friend all of 3 minutes to talk me in to running the 2013 Honolulu Marathon with her. Oy.
- EDIT! I almost forgot. I also cut off 7 inches of my hair. WHEW is that freeing or what?!
- I’m getting back on the wagon with menu planning. Here’s ours this week:
Raspberries, blackberries, Honeycrisp Apples
Greek Yogurt with Flax Meal and Mila®
The Gentleman eats on base.
Salads (lettuce blend, tomato, avocado, peppers, tofu or chicken)
I’m cooking two recipes* this week from Saveur Magazine’s 100 Classic Recipes. The remaining meals are my own recipes.
Sunday: Dinner Out
Monday: Salmon , Grilled Veggies
Tuesday: Chicken Chopped Salads
Wednesday: Whole Foods for sushi or hot bar after running club
Thursday: (Church Small Group) Mulligatawny*, Naan
Friday: Leftovers (working Wicked)
Saturday: Kafta, Jasmine Rice